Publishing independently offers authors many advantages and more flexibility than working with a traditional publisher—but it’s not as easy as it sounds. Every independent author, even those who have published before, needs professional guidance if they want their book to be taken seriously by readers, reviewers, and bookstore buyers. Books published with Manifest Identity are professionally presented, thoroughly edited, and primed for wide distribution.
Working with Lindy to publish Coming to the Edge was a steep learning curve, which made me realize I could never have done this on my own. Three years later, as I was putting Poems for a World on Fire together, I knew that Lindy could help me with my second book, too.”—Helen G. Rousseau, author of Coming to the Edge & Poems for a World on Fire
What Independent Publishing with MI Offers
Manifest Identity provides or matches independent authors with the same professional services that the big publishing houses offer (so that your book is taken just as seriously as theirs):
- Recommendations for the professional editor best suited to each author & their book.
- Lindy Gifford’s professional book cover & pages design. For more information see Cover and Book Design.
- Guidance choosing & navigating the various models of independent publishing and distribution, so that the book is available in the bookstores, as well as all online outlets.
- Production management, moving the book through the chosen printing and publication process.
- Straightforward help with some simple marketing strategies.
Lindy connected me with an excellent editor and the three of us created two books that I am proud to have my name on as the author. I had never done this before, I discovered that it was a lot of work, but I am happy to have experienced this process. My writing skills have improved with the help of the editor. My books are very professionally laid out and the covers are spectacular, because of Lindy’s skills in designing books and covers.”—Marie A. Laverriere author of Minimalism for Well-Being & A Journey to Authenticity
Cover and Book Design services are also for authors and organizations with a professionally edited manuscript, ready for design and production.