Clients who are interested in publishing a book, or are working on one but do not yet have a manuscript often start in Creative Coaching. Here, Lindy uses her listening skills, refined through her chaplaincy training, in combination with her knowledge of the publishing industry to provide perspective, structure, and guidance to the creative development phase.
Lindy’s expertise in the details of book writing and publishing, combined with her creative coaching, helped me to see this project through. Not only did the final product fully capture the intention and spirit of the book’s undertaking, my time with Lindy gave me space to process, to heal, and to fully tell my story.—Terry Perkins Mitman,
author of Living Is for Living
Creative Coaching offers:
- Questions: Lindy knows the right ones to ask.
- Answers: The author has most of the answers, but Lindy knows how to help them find them.
- Regular check-ins on a schedule provide needed structure and motivation.
- Exploring possible publishing paths early-on help shape a book from the start.
- Manuscript development focussing on overarching decisions like form, genre, & structure.
- Suggestions of ways to get more intensive writing support if that is what is wanted.
- Lindy has also successfully coached people with the structure and organization of websites and new businesses.
Lindy had an uncanny ability to get to the heart of what was manifested deep within me, journeying with me, always coaching, never encroaching, meshing ideas and possibilities into a stunningly crafted finished product.”—Jane Rogers Ducott, author of Giff & Emmi Rescue the Garden
Some Creative Coaching clients decide to continue working with Lindy to independently publish their book. Because Lindy already knows their book well, she will know when the manuscript is ready for Independent Publishing, and an assessment in Publishing Consulting is not necessary for creative coaching clients.